The International Scholars & Welcome Office (IScO) is the central contact in matters of international scientist mobility at the KIT.
The IScO offers advice to scientists from abroad who join the KIT for scientific work, and KIT scientists intending to go abroad for a research period or returning from a period spent abroad.
Our service to scientists from abroad:
Personal consultants advise and help you and your family in administrative matters and problems of everyday life in Karlsruhe. Here is what we offer:
- Information and advice on planning, preparing and organizing your research period at the KIT.
- Advice on scholarships and employment at the KIT.
- Advice in administrative matters: visas, legal problems pertaining to foreigners, health insurance and social security insurance.
- Support in contacts with public authorities.
- Information and support in finding accommodation.
- Information and support of partners and family: studies, work, child care, school.
- Welcome Service and promotion of integration into the international KIT community:
- Escort for the first few days.
- Information about life in Karlsruhe and on Campus.
- Proposals about learning German.
- Information about leisure time activities and the rich cultural offerings available.
- Promoting interdisciplinary and intercultural exchanges at the KIT.