Home | deutsch  | Legals | Data Protection | Sitemap | KIT

Organizational councelling for students

General counselling and first contact at KIT

The centre for information and advice is the first contact for all questions to your studies. We can provide you with basic information about the compatibility of studying and family. This includes, for example, gerneral information about the formal organisation, the course of your studies and how to deal with problems and burdens during studies. We also support you in finding the right consulting and service offer for your needs from the numerous services offered by KIT. We keep in focus the interests of those who search for, so our approach is always neutral. Our offer is accessible for all students and free of charge. Of course, the consultation is confidential and, if desired, anonymous.

Formal organization of your studies

The Study Service supports you in special organizational issues according to your studies, for example application and admission, pregnancy, interruption of studies or in leave of absence. You will also receive all certificates or your KIT study card.

Specific counselling for your studies

For individual counselling that takes into account all the important details of your degree programme, it is recommended to contact the respective lecturer, seminar leader or your responible dean of studies early. In addition, you can obtain further information from the advisor of your studies or in the individual KIT faculties. They can also make contact with other responsible persons if you have some other questions.

Counselling from students for students

If you have general questions about the compatibility of studies and family, the AStA is your competent contact. The office of equal opportunities of the AStA will give you advisees to your questions concerning the organization of studies with children as well as on topics such as applying for parental or child benefit or will simply give you useful tips about things to consider. Further information can be found here.

Counselling by the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe

The Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe offers support for parents and their children. They counsel you in childcare facilities, finance or living opportunities with child. They also support you in organizing a good life as a student with a child. Mrs. Sandra Ehlig is your contact for more information about the couselling offers.