You are a student and pregnant? What should you do now?
Here you can find the first most important steps you should follow if you are pregnant during your studies at KIT.
1. Fill out the application to report your pregnancy. You can find it here.
2. Report your pregnancy with the aid of the completed application at the Welcome Desk of the KIT.
3. Organize your studies with the help of the study advisory service of the “Zentrum für Information und Beratung” to the following topics:
- Maternity protection and parental leave
- Period for examination
- Financial support and grants
Read more about the maternity protection law.
Here you can get an overview about the legal foundations to topics like maternaty protection, pregnancy and nursing period according to your studies.
If you have some general quenstions about your pregnancy you can contact several pregnancy councelling centres in Karlsruhe. You can find the most important centres here.
Telephone advice service and online consultation for pregnant women in need
These free services are available around the clock and want to offer a first contact point and inform women about local pregnancy advice services. The consultation services are anonymous and free. The number of the telephone advice service is: 0800 40 40 020
Here you can find some more information online.