pregnancy and study
German foundation for mother and child helps also in Corona-time
On this website you will find some help for pregnant women in need. They also inform you about support options and applications in Corona-time.
You are studying and pregnant? What can you do now?
Here, are the most important steps recommended when you are pregnant during studies:
1. Complete the form “Meldung einer Schwangerschaft“ (pregnancy notification). This form can be obtained here.
2. Submit the completed notification to the Welcome Desk of KIT in order to notify your pregnancy.
3. Contact the Student advisory services (Zentrale Studienberatung, ZSB) to obtain advice on the following topics:
– Maternity protection and parental leave
– Examination deadlines
– Allowances and grants for students with a child
Information on legal maternity protection can be found found here.
An overview of legal provisions on maternity protection, pregnancy, and breast-feeding during studies can be obtained here.
If you have general questions relating to your pregnancy, the pregnancy counseling offices in Karlsruhe may help. Click here for the offices.
Help Telephone and Online Advice for Pregnant Women in Emergencies
The cost-free, barrier-free, and 24-hour help telephone (0800 40 40 020) is the first contact point, if you need advice that is given in 17 languages. In this way, pregnant women who deny their pregnancy or keep it secret may obtain advice and information on the help options available. This help telephone may be used by women to obtain information on the local pregnancy counseling offices. Advice by qualified experts is anonymous and cost-free. Anonymous information is also available online at www.geburt-vertraulich.de.